Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweat shop.




We start them young in this house. For the past year or more(probably more) I have been really trying to crack down on chores. I WILL NOT be cleaning up after this whole household forever! Although, atleast it would be done the way I want it. Anyway, last summer we got into a fair routine of chores but then school started and I had a hard time trying to fit in everything. Should they miss out on play? They need time for homework. What about family time? What do you cut out? Needless to say chores became a saturday thing. So now that it is summer again, actually it is almost over already, we have a new chore routine. I made chore charts with dry erase markers. Each girl has her own chart with pictures to describe the chore. Nothing impressive but they like them. Some days are better than others but as a whole nobody plays until the chores are done. For some reason yesterday went really smooth. Everything was done by 8:45. I usually don't let them play until after 10 but they did so good that they started early. During the cleaning session Devyn wanted to be included so I gave her a dish towel and pointed her to the dishwasher. I think she spent 10 minutes there wiping. When I tried to take the cloth she yelled. I'm glad to see that atleast one thing I'm teaching them is for their benefit.

No comments: