Thursday, July 21, 2011

New do's




Rieley had already had her visit to the salon a couple of months ago. It was now Morgan and Leytons turn. Plus, school is already just around the corner. One strange and funny phenomenon about this transformation is that somehow the stylist snipped away the hatred that Leyton and Morgan feel for one another. Seriously, Leyton always tells me that she loves Rieley and that Morgan is the meanest sister. Later that night when the girls were watching a movie on their room before bed, I was walking past on my way up the stairs when I noticed Leyton sitting in Morgans lap on the floor. She wasn't even in a choke hold. Morgan was hugging her though. STRANGE! Then as I was getting them settled into bed. Morgan asked to sleep with Leyton. Morgan said; "It's just that she's so much prettier with her new hair cut!" What? Really, that's what she said! Then I realized that Leyton did have a fabulous side ponytail in her hair adorned with many colorful hair ties compliments of Morgan....and the mystery was solved. Somehow these two girls have finally bonded over Morgan doing Leytons hair and it has sealed the deal. That was two days ago and it has not worn off. Morgan talks politely to Leyton and they want to hang around eachother. They are "buddies". Occasionally I do hear Morgan remind Leyton that they are buddies so she should be cooperting with Morgans will. Manipulation or not, this house has never been so peaceful. I didn't realize how much of the problem was caused by only those two. I'm just waiting for the love drug to wear off.

No comments: