Monday, July 18, 2011

Homemade.


Yes, I made these babies. Okay, so they aren't that spectacular and the level of difficulty is -5, but I made them all by myself. I have always wanted to sew and infact purchased a sewing machine back in AZ about 4 or 5 years ago. Learning to sew, no sewing room and little kids do not mix well for me...so the sewing had to wait. Finally, I decided that I wanted to do a bold print window treatment in my office. I would have loved to buy some but everything costs so much money and if I'm going to spend the money, I have other things that I'd spend it on first. So instead I found SUPER easy directions for a valance online, I ordered the fabric, it sat on my loveseat in the office and then 5 months later I finally made two valances. Wahooooo! Watch out clothing and textiles people, I am on my way! (Either the picture was taken crooked or I hung them crooked, it doesn't matter. I intend to have Todd fix it...he was out of town when I finished and I wanted to see them hung so I did a half-butt job doing it.)

1 comment:

Melanie Allred said...

I love your homemade valance. I would totally hang that in my house. Maybe you should start a small business?