Friday, March 11, 2011





This garden is no longer neat and clean. Part of it is due to some of the wind storms we have had that pushed the wood chip aside and pulled up the weed cover stuff. Last summer/fall Todd, being the yard work kind of guy that he is, set out to re-do this garden area. It looked fine before, but had white river rock throughout the top and bottom tiers. That may be nice for AZ but not for me! I live in Utah now, I want stuff that is green and inviting. Anyway, there were a few perfectly spaced tulip plants among other things that got pulled out. We like having the plants,but were going to put something new in when we could decide what exactly we wanted. Instead we made it neat and clean with wood chips for now. Well, winter ran its course and moved things around a bit causing the plants that we thought we tore out, to sprout. Instead of being more uniform the bulbs must have been cut apart and now they are growing everywhere. Today I felt bad for the struggling plants because they are literally breaking through the black covering to reach the sun light. One of the pictures was originally a bulge that I saw in the covering. I tore it open to find that large plant. So I took scissors out to give the plants some space to grow. Tomorrow is saturday and Todd plans on doing yard work because of our wonderful weather. He will be cleaning this garden up. To tell you the truth, I am so glad to see the green coming out of the ground. Infact, some of these flowers bloom pretty little flowers that have a really nice fragrance. Although they are scattered all over now with no real order, I want to keep them. I love when spring hits! It makes me feel so good and motivated. I love watching for when those tulips will blossom! Maybe Todd will take pitty on me and atleast let me have them for the season. Maybe he can just clean up all around them. They may not be uniform, but blooming colorful flowers look pretty no matter what, right?!

1 comment:

Bethany Patterson said...

Hi Kiersten! Nice to hear from you! Really wish you lived closer :) Love Body Rock Tv. It will either make you really depressed or motivated! I like to be motivated!