Friday, March 11, 2011

Personality Portraits



They have already gotten their regular school pictures earlier this year. For reasons uncertain to me(MONEY) these "personality portraits" take place later on. This is also the same time that class pictures are taken. Luckily I learned quickly when I encountered this tactic last year so that I could be even more prepared for photography companies trickerie. I understand that these are good money making strategies, but they are intended to trick people into having to purchase things that they normally would not have. It is dishonest......and I don't like dishonesty. Okay, so what happens is.......your children are notified of class picture day. They are also notified that they will be taking "personality portraits" on the same day. These are optional if you make sure to read the note that has lots of writing and other info regarding the class photo(if your child even gets the note to you). If you don't sign it declining the extra picture then they are automatically taken. Clever! What is even more clever is that they get sent home whether you wanted them or not. It is your responsibility to ensure that they don't get damaged en-route to your house, pulled out by the child or another sibling, excitedly cut out by the children, given away or torn....and get it safely back into the back pack and sent safely back to school and returned indicating that it was not wanted. Yes, there are small notifiers so that butts are covered, but I see the deceipt. Last year, before I KNEW, I pulled these cute pictures out of the back pack and was so excited! I didn't realize that they were going to be getting more done. I was almost ready to frame it when I noticed the note that accompanies the pictures and the break down of the prices if I wanted to keep any. It isn't that I don't have enough money to pay for them(although I don't feel like paying 35.00 for more school pictures). It's that I don't like being tricked into doing it. So there you have it. A very interesting opinion that I'm sure everyone was so interested in hearing. P.S. They are so cute aren't they...and you hate them going to waste......see how they get us!

No comments: