Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat?

For Halloween this year I decided to make the girls characters from movies I used to watch back in the day. Plus, I always like to use Morgans red hair for inspiration. This is Rieley as Pollyanna. Who doesn't remember her?! We did have to rent the appropriate movies so that the girls understood who they were dressing up as. Then they were excited.


Can you tell who Morgan is??? "Pippi Longstocking is coming in to your world....a freckle face, red haired girl..." That song is now constant back ground music in this house. Leyton was a little more tough. I didn't have many ideas for a baby...and then.....I thought of Pebbles from the Flinstones. Maybe I should have saved that for Morgans costume next year(her red hair and all). It was pretty easy to accomplish and I like the bone in her hair.


I don't give my own costume near as much creative thought so I'm always rushing to come up with something suitable. Then come Halloween night and I'm irritated that I don't have anything clever and nothing in my closet that will work. This year as I was looking online on Halloween day, I saw Wonder Woman. My hair is now short, but I figured I could atleast curl it and get that awesome body that Wonder Woman has. Then I found a top that was red, a bottom that was blue..and wasn't a swim suit, I covered my belt in tinfoil and made a crown.

Too bad none of the adults at the trunk or treat were dressed up. Needless to say, I was sensitive because I wasn't able to come up with an awesome costume and then I felt a little stupid because no one else was dressed up. What a day! And it was only Tuesday, Halloween wasn't until Friday. I stayed home and passed out candy that night.


That's the spirit, Morgan!



It's always funny to see Todd with hair. We may have used this trick in AZ, but we're in new territory here and nothing's off limits.

No comments: