Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shiver me timbers

Rieley had a Pirate themed birthday party for her 5th birthday. We chose this theme because she would have both girls and boys at the party....I'm not sure the parents want their sons in princess dresses. It was a lot of fun. We had to follow little maps on a treasure hunt to find the treasure chest of gold and jewels. Then we played pin the patch on the pirate(seen below next to Rieley). You would think that such an occassion would cause great joy in each childs heart...all but one. The most important one. The day went great and Rieley was anxiously anticipating her party. Just before friends arrived the adults dug out their cameras. Bad idea. Rieley suddenly HATES pictures being taken and will not allow it. This will be a fun party!


Rieley cried during the treasure hunt because someone else grabbed the map from its hiding place just as she was about to. I can't have the birthday girl crying so I have to announce to everyone that Rieley gets to grab the next map. there aren't enough maps for everyone to find one so now I have ruined someone elses chance. I didn't like feeling that way, but I didn't want Rieley so sad either. Isn't this suppose to be fun???


She's right in character for a MEAN looking pirate. What a good actress!

Anyhow, things eventually got better. Rieley got a ton of presents and now shouldn't have a Christmas because of it. It was great and I'm glad I'm done with parties until next May. Leyton can share a New Years Eve party at someones house.

1 comment:

Brimhall Bunch said...

I can't believe how big your girls are! Hows Utah? I don't like the cold so better you than me:)