Thursday, October 14, 2010

The renovations continue....





One more room down, probably 12 more to go. Sherwin Williams was having a great sale on their paint so we decided to buy 5 gallons of the color that we picked. I like to have some color and contrast, but I'm not a bold person who likes dark or overbearing colors. I need the room to be bright and uplifting for my mood. We taped and prepped and painted until we were tired. Everything was looking so different and so much like a house that is put together that not until the end did we realize how dark the color really is. Don't get me wrong....it looks good but it is darker than I expected. I'm not sure that I want it in the hallway and throughout the kitchen and living area. Todd was pretty annoyed. Should I live with a home that is painted like a dungeon throughout?? After some frustrated comments under our breath we have decided to mix in white paint to lighten it up. Problem solved. All in all I like the front room and I'm confident that the rest of the house will look great.....a bit lighter. We won't even go into how tough it was for Todd to prime and paint the wood trim. It feels more clean and fresh now.

No comments: