Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008






We had a really wonderful Christmas! We couldn't have hoped for a better one. About a month and a half ago we decided that we ought to go to Texas for Christmas because it had been a long time since the Dewey grandparents had seen the girls. Toddler years are like dog years, one year is the equivalent of 7, because they change so much in such a short amount of time. So we decided that we'd skip our first snowy Christmas and head south. It was so much fun and the girls got spoiled with attention...and gifts.

During this trip we also saw my brother in San Antonio. The only bad thing about that was that we couldn't visit longer. Then we decided to surprise Todd's sister Brittany in AZ. and we visited with our dear friends, the Wells. There is never enough time in a vacation. Sorry for those who we didn't see. It really was a very long trip with limited time, space and patience. Finally we made it home early this morning. It was butt cold(I really don't think "butt" applies because that was probably the warmest part of my freezing body.) but, it was butt cold. Our house was a freezer because we had left the thermostat at 50. Our bedroom was a frosty 45 degrees. We bundled the girls in blankets as we got through the door and then ran around the house with the shivers trying to get everyone back in bed. I was still cold when I woke up...the house had still not heated up all the way. Part of that would be because Todd thinks that the temp should not surpass 70. Anything higher than that would be unbearable and too expensive. Okay, I'm exaggerating Todd's verbatim, but not the temperature. I always swore that after college, when I no longer had to share an apt. with other people, that my house would always be warm.....no matter what. Apparently my word has no worth.

Oh, did you see how Santa left his snowy(baking soda-y) footprints on the rug. He really should learn how to wipe his feet.

No comments: