Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Pioneer Day!






Pioneer Day is always a fun holiday to celebrate in Utah. I am grateful for the sacrifices that the pioneers have made for us to live in such a wonderful state. Utah celebrates Pioneer Day like it celebrates the 4th. There was a giant Days of 47 parade in Salt lake. You can see that we attended. There were amazing floats and many of them were made by the local stakes of the LDS church. I'm not sure if people just happen to know someone who dabbles in float making or if there is a website to order props.....but these were incredible. Every single one of them. It is almost a shame to take them apart. I would keep using it every year after all that work.
President Uchtdorf was in the parade, which is always a neat thing. Those of you who know who I'm talking about......you know what I'm talking about. We spent time with my family for the day and in the evening my neighbor has a fun block BBQ. Morgan decided to dress herself and as much as I want control, I decided that since we were only going around the corner and since everyone knows Morgan and how creative and Morgan-ish she is and because there would be many tears if I protested and apparently parents need to let their kids choose sometimes, I allowed it. It did make for some fun conversation and silly giggles. All in all we had a great day. Thank you again to all of the pioneers. I hope to never have those kind of struggles.

1 comment:

dolores said...

I Love the pics. I just think there should be some of the grandparent in there. only if you can find good ones of grandMA